PULASKI, Va. (WFXR) – Members of Pulaski Town Council have announced the appointment of a new Town Manager.
Darlene Burcham will serve in the role.
She is currently also serving as the Town Manager of Clifton Forge.
Burcham is joining The Berkley Group, who was contracted to provide interim Town Manager Assistance, as a member of its Executive Management Team.
The Berkley Group is said to provide proven management services for localities that have an executive vacancy or require organizational assistance.
Burcham’s qualifications include over 40 years spent honing an array of skills in community development and personnel management. She received her Masters of Social Work Administration from VCU, along with a Bachelor of Psychology degree from the College of William and Mary. She also attended both the Federal and Senior Executive Institutes in Charlottesville, which provides training and professional development for local government leaders and managers.
Burcham’s professional career began in Norfolk as the City’s Deputy City Manager from 1995 to 1999.
She also served as City Manager of Roanoke City from 2000 until 2010.
- Local experts weigh in on SCOTUS vacancy
- Staff member at Central Elementary School tests positive for COVID-19 in Rockbridge County
- Engineers are using lasers to test new Outer Banks bridge
- Protesters call on Sen. Lindsey Graham to stop confirmation of SCOTUS nominee
- Sens. Warner, Kaine announce over $13.6M in funding for rail infrastructure improvement on rail line between Clifton Forge, Charlottesville