BLACKSBURG, Va. (WFXR) – A Blacksburg company is partnering with VDOT to build a fiber optic line that will run from the Washington, D.C. area to Bristol, Virginia.
Osprey Communications will run the cable through rights-of-way along Interstates 81 and 66.
The project is expected to finish faster than most fiber optic installations because they’re working with one landowner instead of multiple.
In exchange, VDOT will be able to use some of the data-capacity from this project to help monitor traffic flow.
- Broadcaster Hugh Downs dies at 99
- Virginia State Police remind people to be smart and safe over the holiday weekend
- Roanoke woman wins Virginia lottery game, ending argument with her boyfriend
- Franklin County communications officer helps to deliver baby boy
- Coronavirus in long-term care facilities