STAUNTON, Va. (WFXR) – A detour will be in place for a few hours Thursday morning as police will be shutting down traffic along parts of Interstate 81 southbound in Augusta County.
The closure will take place between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. on Thursday, April 2.
The detour will begin at exit 213A. Drivers will then travel south on Route 11 into Rockbridge County and take Route 606 (Raphine Road) west to return to I-81 ex exit 205.
The closure is needed so police can investigate a recent crash that occurred in the area.
- VT President pens letter announcing plans to increase student COVID-19 testing beginning Sept. 21
- Car fire in Roanoke County garage causes $7,500 in damage
- Pinpoint Weather: Drying out and cooling down over the weekend
- Angels of Assisi gives back to community thanks to #Spaytogether stimulus fund
- UPDATE: I-81 crash cleared in Roanoke County, residual backups continue to slow traffic