PITTSYLVANIA COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Pittsylvania County authorities are investigating following the discovery of human remains and a car on Wednesday.
According to the Pittsylvania County Sheriff’s Office, the human remains have been sent to the medical examiner’s office in order to determine identity and cause and manner of death. However, there is currently no word on precisely where or how the remains were discovered on Wednesday, Sept. 9.
Officials say members of the sheriff’s office and numerous agencies have assisted with the investigation, including Virginia State Police, the Virginia Department of Emergency Services, Angel Search and Rescue, the Pittsylvania County Office of Public Safety, and the Pittsylvania County Commonwealth Attorney’s Office.
More information will reportedly be released once the medical examiner’s office finalizes the report.
- Aluma’s double-double guides Tech to victory over VMI
- Liberty Defeats St. Francis in First Game at Liberty Arena
- Virginia Edged 71-67 by James Madison in Women’s Basketball
- Hokies All Access : Clemson Preview, Aisha Sheppard Profile, Justin Fuente talks about Thanksgiving, Villanova Upset
- Galax Fire Department: Dog and litter of puppies rescued from kennel fire