UPDATE 9:55 p.m.: The Virginia State Police have said they have located the 2010 Red Jeep Compass in Franklin County.
The vehicle is currently being processed for evidence.
Investigators are questioning several individuals who may have knowledge surrounding the events of this morning.
Stay with WFXR News for more on this developing story.
UPDATE 12:49 p.m.: According to Virginia State Police, The Henry County Sheriff’s Office contacted Virginia State Police at approximately 10 a.m. on Wednesday to request assistance with the investigation of a woman found dead in a home in the 1300 block of Wingfield Orchard Road.
Authorities say the woman’s husband called 9-1-1 shortly before 8 a.m. on Wednesday and told dispatch he found his wife dead with a gunshot wound when he returned home from work, according to BTW21 News.
Police say they are on the lookout for a 2010 Red Jeep Compass with Virginia registration VFV 5461 that is missing from the house.
If you have any information about this incident or the location of the vehicle, call Virginia State Police at (800) 542-5959.
HENRY COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — A homicide investigation is currently underway in Henry County as of Wednesday morning, according to Virginia State Police.
Police have not released any additional information at this time, but WFXR has a reporter on the way to the scene.
- Pinpoint Weather: Cold front brings windy and colder weather
- To be continued: Tech wrestler Korbin Myers decides to return for an encore
- COVID-19 precautions being taken as the NCAA Division III Men’s Volleyball Tournament begins in Salem Wednesday
- VHSL Volleyball Class 3 State Semifinals : Hidden Valley at Rustburg
- VHSL Volleyball Class 2 State Semifinals : Gate City at Giles