DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) – A Danville grand jury has indicted a woman on a charge of first-degree murder in the stabbing death of her boyfriend.
According to police, Shannon Price, 27, was arrested the night of June 13 and was charged with malicious wounding after she allegedly stabbed her boyfriend, Christopher France, who died on Sunday, July 5 from his injuries.
The initial call came in at 1 a.m. on June 13.
Police responded to the 700 block of Melville Avenue where officers located France lying in the street and bleeding from an apparent stab wound on his arm.
France was transported to Sovah Health – Danville and was later transferred to Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital.
Price continues to be held at the Danville City Jail without bond.
- ‘Absurd’: $1B earmarked for PPE spent on body armor, jet parts
- Black volunteer rescue workers in Roanoke get historical marker
- Virginia Democrats aren’t defunding the police, some proposing bonuses
- Truck accident causing back-up on I-81
- Lynchburg sees back-to-back shootings within one block, PD investigating possible connection