HENRY COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Deputies with the Henry County Sheriff’s Office continue to search for a Bassett man in connection with the homicide of another Bassett man Friday night.
Authorities describe 25-year-old Douglas Hampton Gillespie of 8 Grace Drive, Apt. 3 as a “person of interest” in the case of the death of 39-year-old Robert Wayne Williams of 237 Huntington Hills Drive from Friday, June 5.
As the investigation into Williams’ death continues, acquaintances of Gillespie have not seen him since the incident and the sheriff’s office has become concerned for his well-being.
Deputies say Williams suffered multiple gunshot wounds in the incident on Friday night and was pronounced dead at the scene.
If anyone has any information regarding the incident, you are asked to call the Henry County Sheriff’s Office at (276) 656-4200 or Crimestoppers — which offers up to $2,500 for information related to this crime — at 63-CRIME.
- UVA’s Bronco Mendenhall talks about mental health and his team during the COVID-19 pandemic
- LU’s Hugh Freeze has a unique perspective on coaching virtually
- Hundreds of COVID-19 tests given at Salem free testing site
- Salem Schools to reopen in upcoming school year
- Roanoke City Schools meet to discuss reopening plans, sets Aug. 31 as first day for students