HENRY COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Henry County Sheriff’s Office said the suspects sought to rob the victim, which lead to one of the suspects shooting the man.
The 30-year old man was transported to the hospital and later released for a minor non-life threatening gunshot wound.
Deputies have identified one of the suspects as Courtney Leigh Helms, 25, of Martinsville. Helms is wanted for attempted robbery.
According to the sheriff’s office, three suspects, including one person acquainted with the victim, entered the man’s home through an open door on March 17 at 1:51 p.m. One of the suspects displayed a small-caliber rifle, demanded money, and fired at the man, said the sheriff’s office.
According to the sheriff’s office, two of the suspects wore dark-colored hooded shirts and masks.
If you have any information about this ongoing investigation, call Crimestoppers at (276) 632-7463. The Crimestoppers program offers rewards of up to $2,500.
- Crash on I-81 North in Montgomery County backs up traffic for several miles
- Dog mauls toddler to death at Fourth of July party
- US may ban TikTok and other Chinese social media, Pompeo says
- Experts fear bad tick season amid coronavirus pandemic
- UPDATE: Police investigating after person shot, killed in southeast Roanoke early Tuesday morning