HENRY COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Henry County Sheriff’s Office said the suspects sought to rob the victim, which lead to one of the suspects shooting the man.
The 30-year old man was transported to the hospital and later released for a minor non-life threatening gunshot wound.
Deputies have identified one of the suspects as Courtney Leigh Helms, 25, of Martinsville. Helms is wanted for attempted robbery.
According to the sheriff’s office, three suspects, including one person acquainted with the victim, entered the man’s home through an open door on March 17 at 1:51 p.m. One of the suspects displayed a small-caliber rifle, demanded money, and fired at the man, said the sheriff’s office.
According to the sheriff’s office, two of the suspects wore dark-colored hooded shirts and masks.
If you have any information about this ongoing investigation, call Crimestoppers at (276) 632-7463. The Crimestoppers program offers rewards of up to $2,500.
- Man sentenced to prison for child pornography charge in Greenbrier County
- Church of God in Christ, Inc. spends Saturday morning handing out free food
- CDC ranks Halloween activities by COVID-19 risk: No trick-or-treating, crowded parties or indoor haunted houses
- Greenbrier County man admits to breaking into U.S. Post Office
- No injuries reported in partial collapse of Bristol hotel under construction