HENRY COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Henry County authorities released the identity of the person found dead in a van behind a Martinsville laundromat earlier this month.
The Henry County Sheriff’s Office says a phone call came in to the Martinsville-Henry 911 Center at approximately 5:28 p.m. on Aug. 1, about a person slumped over in a vehicle behind The Scrub Board Laundry at 2038 Rives Road in Martinsville.
When deputies arrived on scene, authorities say they found a dead person inside a 1999 Honda Odyssey van, after which Henry County investigators processed the van and searched the immediate area.
On Friday, Aug. 14, the sheriff’s office announced the identity of the person as 50-year-old Robert Vincent Hedrick of Axton.
Authorities say the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner for the Western District of Virginia conducted an autopsy on Hedrick, but the preliminary findings indicated there was no foul play involved in Hedrick’s death.
If you have any information about this death investigation, call the Henry County Sheriff’s Office at (276) 638-8751.
- Crash closes southbound lanes of Route 29 just south of Lynchburg
- ‘Will you shut up, man?’: Trump, Biden lash, interrupt each other
- State Police investigate fatal tractor-trailer crash in Wythe County near the I-81/I-77 split
- Franklin County crash claims life of Ferrum man
- Multiple Apple services reported down