UPDATE 5:15 p.m.: The Halifax County Sheriff’s Office has updated citizens on the search for Mary Ann Stanley.
The 84-year old was found deceased.
“We regret to inform you that Mary Ann Stanley has been located. Unfortunately, it is not the outcome we had hoped for. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family during this difficult time. We would like to thank all the law enforcement agencies, fire department personnel, search and rescue teams and all volunteers that assisted with the search.”Halifax County Sheriff’s Office Facebook Page
The Sheriff’s Office has not released any additional information relating to this case.
HALIFAX COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) – Deputies with the Halifax County Sheriff’s Office are searching for a missing woman.
According to the Halifax County Sheriff’s Office’s Facebook page, Mary Ann Stanley is an 84-year-old white female who was last seen at her residence on Volen’s Road on Thursday, Sept. 24.
If you have seen Stanley or have any information regarding her whereabouts, contact the Halifax County Sheriff’s Office at (434) 476-3334.
- $3.4 million in grants aim to combat addiction in western Virginia
- Roanoke woman pleads guilty for failure to disclose show ponies in bankruptcy proceeding
- At least five shootings in Roanoke in less than a week; we take a look at the data
- Coronavirus case confirmed at Jackson River Technical Center in Covington
- Virginia Military Institute Board of Visitors votes to move Stonewall Jackson statue