HALIFAX COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — After Saturday night’s shooting in South Boston, the administration at Halifax County High School decided to increase security measures in the coming days.
According to the Facebook post by the school, local law enforcement officials do not believe the South Boston shooting has any connection to Halifax County High School or its students. Furthermore, those involved in Saturday’s shooting were not current Halifax County High School students.
However, in order to guarantee a more secure environment for the student body, the school will increase implementation of metal detectors at the entrances and the number of law enforcement personnel on school property.
Halifax County High School will also take care of students and staff by offering them the chance to speak with counselors.
- Protesters gather in Lynchburg for the fourth day in a row
- Lawmaker: Pandemic is impacting Americans’ state of mind
- #BlackoutTuesday flooding social media in response to racism, police brutality in America
- Dem lawmakers ‘horrified’ over Trump’s Bible photo op
- Serving those who serve: Local lawmaker, business donate lunches to first responders