GRETNA, Va. (WFXR) — A family has been displaced after their home was destroyed in a fire this morning in Gretna.
The Gretna Volunteer Fire Department got the call around 2 a.m., in the 1500 block of Millstream Drive.
According to a firefighter, a minor was burned. No other injuries were reported.
A woman told WFXR that minor was her grandson and he went back into the burning home to save a baby who was still inside.
She says fire officials told her if her grandson wasn’t awake to warn everyone, everyone in the house could have died.
The family is being assisted by the Red Cross.
- Super Bowl champion Ed Reed learned from the ‘pavers’
- Big Game Bound: Who should America root for, Chiefs or 49ers?
- Sec. of State Mike Pompeo announced as keynote speaker at Liberty University commencement
- ACC fines Notre Dame, reprimands Brey for criticizing officials
- Chiefs, 49ers arrive in Miami for Super Bowl week