GRETNA, Va. (WFXR) — A family has been displaced after their home was destroyed in a fire this morning in Gretna.
The Gretna Volunteer Fire Department got the call around 2 a.m., in the 1500 block of Millstream Drive.
According to a firefighter, a minor was burned. No other injuries were reported.
A woman told WFXR that minor was her grandson and he went back into the burning home to save a baby who was still inside.
She says fire officials told her if her grandson wasn’t awake to warn everyone, everyone in the house could have died.
The family is being assisted by the Red Cross.
- Authorities on scene of ongoing incident in Wythe County
- Mustangs beat Muddogs, 9-2, to notch third win in a row
- No injuries reported following southwest Roanoke structure fire
- California pair charged with hate crime for vandalizing Black Lives Matter mural
- With efforts to grow wheelchair tennis, Hokies hope to fill void of adaptive sports in the area