(WFXR) — Gas prices will be cheap this Thanksgiving even as a new study indicates many will be staying home for the holiday.
Gas Buddy is saying only about one-third of Americans are planning to hit the road for Thanksgiving this year — down from around two-thirds last year — and Gas Buddy says that COVID-19 is to blame even though gas prices are cheaper than they have been in years, hitting the cheapest level since 2016 with an average price of $2.17 per gallon.
If you’re looking for cheap gas in your neighborhood, here’s a breakdown of prices in western and central Virginia.
Gas Buddy says the cheapest gas in each region of the area is as follows:
- Roanoke Valley: $1.69 per gallon
- Central Virginia: $1.81 per gallon
- New River Valley: $1.95 per gallon
- Southside: $1.59 per gallon
- Highlands: $1.87 per gallon
- $908B plan best hope for COVID-19 relief before end of year
- Lawmakers react to President Trump’s most recent assault on the election
- Danville Police search for man wanted in November shooting
- Community College in Christiansburg holds a food drive to help its students
- Man convicted of child porn charges in Lynchburg sentenced to 20 years