GALAX, Va. (WFXR) — The Galax Fire Department calls Thursday’s operation a “pretty doggone good outcome.”
Crews say a litter of seven puppies and their mother were rescued from a kennel fire at 1658 Pipers Gap Road at 3:32 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 3. When the fire department arrived on scene, units found a 10′ x 10′ shed on fire. Fortunately, all the dogs were removed from the shed by neighbors.
The fire department says the homeowners secured the puppies, and units cleared the area in 30 minutes.
The cause of the fire is believed to be a heat lamp.