GREENSBORO, N.C. (WFXR) – Mack Trucks’ all-new Mack MD Series of medium-duty vehicles has begun full production at Mack’s new Roanoke Valley Operations (RVO) facility in the Roanoke Valley.
“Mack Trucks is very proud of the dedication of the RVO team, who worked tirelessly to begin full production amidst the challenges of COVID-19. Mac is 120 years old this year, and as we have done all along, we continue to solidify our leadership in the industry by offering customers the right products with the right features.”Martin Weissburg, Mack Trucks President
The Mack MD6, a Class 6 model, and the MD7, a Class 7 model, began rolling off the line on Sept. 1 in preparation for delivery to dealers and customers.
Mack announced earlier this year that it had invested $13 million to establish RVO. The investment included equipment, tooling, and enhancements to the 280,000 square feet of the facility dedicated to producing Mack medium-duty trucks.
The project results in the creation of 250 jobs, which is expected to be fully filled by the end of February 2021.
- Peaks View Valley Church hosting drive-in movie event on Halloween night
- 4 charged following unrest in Richmond Tuesday night
- Photos: Most successful US entertainers turned politicians
- Ground broken for historic $3.8 billion HRBT expansion project
- Cadillac reported stolen in Franklin County