ROCKY MOUNT, Va. (WFXR) — An investigation is underway after a person was discovered with a gunshot wound in a Rocky Mount store.
According to a statement from the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office on Wednesday, June 3, deputies responded to a report of a gunshot wound at the 619 Minute Market at 11498 Virgil H Goode Highway in Rocky Mount.
The sheriff’s office says this is an isolated incident, it is not a threat to the public, and it is not related to the peaceful protest that occurred earlier Wednesday.
This is an ongoing story. WFXR News will keep you updated as more details become available.
- Jehovah’s Witnesses cancel in-person conventions globally, first time in religion’s history
- Recruits graduate from Roanoke Valley Regional Fire & EMS Academy
- Changes ahead for students attending Virginia Tech this fall
- Storms cause power outages in parts of Danville
- Lighthearted footage from Danville Fire Department is ‘bearly’ cute