FRANKLIN COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — A Ferrum man is dead following a fatal crash in Franklin County Tuesday afternoon.
According to Virginia State Police, a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee was traveling north on Route 623 — about one-and-a-half miles north of Route 605 — when the vehicle ran off the side of the road, ran over a retaining wall, and overturned at approximately 3:05 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 29.
Police say the driver of the Jeep — identified as 54-year-old Cary Daniel Woody — was not wearing a seat belt and died at the scene.
The crash remains under investigation.
- Roanoke Valley SPCA reaches ‘cat-pacity,’ waives certain adoption fees for the weekend
- Gov. Northam suffers broken hand while winterizing boat
- Pinpoint Weather: Sunny and mild weather pattern remains in place
- Liberty Flames add UMass back to 2020 football schedule
- Virginia Tech’s Mike Young joins the fight against bullying