FRANKLIN COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Local authorities spent Saturday night searching for a man who ran away after trying to rob a convenience store in Franklin County.
According to the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office, a 911 call came in at approximately 8 p.m. on Saturday, March 14 about an attempted armed robbery at Hardy’s Mart on 11143 Booker T. Washington Highway.
The sheriff’s office says that the caller reported a man dressed in all black entering around closing, pulling out a firearm, and demanding money. There was no car at the scene, according to authorities, and the suspect took off on foot.
A member of the sheriff’s office confirms that deputies and investigators were searching the area for the suspect until at least 10:55 p.m. on Saturday.
Authorities say they believe this was an isolated incident.
If you see or hear anything suspicious in the area over the weekend, please call the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office at (540) 483-3000.
- Local experts weigh in on SCOTUS vacancy
- Staff member at Central Elementary School tests positive for COVID-19 in Rockbridge County
- Engineers are using lasers to test new Outer Banks bridge
- Protesters call on Sen. Lindsey Graham to stop confirmation of SCOTUS nominee
- Sens. Warner, Kaine announce over $13.6M in funding for rail infrastructure improvement on rail line between Clifton Forge, Charlottesville