HENRY COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Four staff members at Laurel Park Middle School in Henry County have tested positive for COVID-19. Employees were sent home early Friday.
According to Henry County Public Schools and the Martinsville Bulletin, the four patients were linked through contact tracing. The four patients, along with those who was potentially exposed through contact, were advised to quarantine.
The building was deep cleaned and sanitized during the weekend. The building was reopened to staff on Monday.
Employees are encouraged to wear masks, practice social distancing and regular handwashing, remain in their work areas if possible, and avoid in-person meetings.
Students have been learning remotely since the school year began on August 10.
- NFL Conference Championship betting tips: Bet now or bet later?
- South Carolina man wanted after taking selfie with John C. Calhoun statue during Capitol riot
- Cowboys for Trump leader arrested over US Capitol riot
- History-making woman kicker from Vanderbilt invited to Biden inauguration
- Roanoke County first responders combat steep terrain to rescue injured hiker