ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — One adult, three children, and two animals are without a home after a residential fire broke out on Thursday morning.
According to Roanoke Fire-EMS, crews responded to a fire in the 1800 block of Westview Avenue SW at 8:56 a.m. on Thursday, Jan. 30. Upon arrival, units reportedly saw heavy smoke coming from the house.
Authorities say that firefighters contained the fire to the room where it started, but the smoke damage spread throughout the house.
Roanoke Fire-EMS announced on Twitter that the fire has been ruled accidental and there are no reports of injuries. Meanwhile, the American Red Cross is taking care of the four people and two pets displaced by the fire.
- No. 18 Virginia routs No. 12 Clemson to stay perfect in ACC
- Rodgers, Packers beat Rams 32-18 to reach NFC title game
- Liberty Bounces Back with Win at Stetson
- 20-year-old woman starts up new business in Boones Mill
- President-elect Biden announces picks for science team as security tightens ahead of inauguration