BEDFORD COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — A Vinton woman faces multiple felony charges after local authorities conducted an investigation into embezzlement from a school in Bedford County.
According to the Bedford County Sheriff’s Office, authorities received a report of a possible embezzlement from Mineral Springs Christian School on Dec. 12, 2019.
Investigators say that they arrested and charged 44-year-old Christi Wright Gray — who was a school employee at the time of the crimes — with four felony counts of embezzlement and four felony counts of obtaining money by false pretenses on Wednesday, Jan. 22.
The Sheriff’s Office released a statement on Friday saying that Gray has been released on an unsecured bond while authorities continue to investigate the case.
- People gather in Downtown Roanoke to paint ‘End Racism Now’ mural
- Pinpoint Weather: Strong to severe storms may develop Sunday afternoon/evening
- President Trump criticizes privately built border wall in Mission
- US Navy ship on fire at San Diego base; several sailors injured
- Texas sheriff dies from coronavirus