FOREST, Va. (WFXR) — First responders from the Forest Volunteer Fire Department faced a full day of crashes and fires on Monday.
The morning of Monday, July 27, crews were dispatched to a two-vehicle crash at U.S. Route 460 and Thomas Jefferson Road where one car was reportedly smoking.
In addition, around 5 p.m. on Monday, the department posted pictures on Facebook from a reported structure fire on New London Road.
Crews from both Forest Volunteer Fire Department and Huddleston Volunteer Fire Department discovered the cause of the fire was isolated to the ballroom chandelier — which fire officials say had burn marks on top — and turned the scene over to maintenance.
Less than two hours later, Forest Volunteer Fire Department announced crews responded to a structure fire that turned out to be a heavy grill fire. Brookville-Timberlake Fire Department was also reportedly on scene.
Finally, Forest fire officials posted a video around 8:15 p.m. on Monday as crews sped off to a head-on collision on Perrowville Road, marking what they called the “fifth call of the day.”
- Positive coronavirus case reported from Floyd County elementary school
- Pinpoint Weather: A few spotty showers possible today; showers and storms more likely tomorrow.
- Tomahawk Elementary closed for in-person classes Monday due to COVID-19 case
- One hospitalized following Sunday night shooting in Lynchburg, police say
- VSP: Henry County man dead, Danville man charged following Saturday morning crash