Firefighters find “dangerously high levels of carbon monoxide” in Bedford County home

Local News
First responders were dispatched to a fire alarm on Colby Drive on Friday, Feb. 28 and found carbon monoxide inside. (Photo: Courtesy Forest Volunteer Fire Department)

First responders were dispatched to a fire alarm on Colby Drive on Friday, Feb. 28 and found carbon monoxide inside. (Photo: Courtesy Forest Volunteer Fire Department)

BEDFORD COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Fire and rescue units responded to a house in Bedford County on Friday morning after dangerous amounts of carbon monoxide triggered a fire alarm.

According to the Forest Volunteer Fire Department, units were dispatched to a fire alarm on Colby Drive on the morning of Friday, Feb. 28. The department says crews investigated the scene and discovered “dangerously high levels of carbon monoxide throughout the home.”

Authorities say the house’s occupants made it out of safely and the first responders shut off the gas before setting up ventilation to the home. According to fire officials, the incident resulted from a faulty exhaust vent on the tank-less hot water heater.

The Forest Volunteer Fire Department did not release any information about injuries.

LATEST STORIES:

Get breaking news, weather, and sports delivered to your smartphone with the WFXR News app available on Apple and Android.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

News tips

Do you have a news tip or breaking news to share with WFXR?  Submit your tip here.

Latest News

More News

News Tip Form