DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) — The Danville Fire Department responded to a fire Thursday afternoon believed to have been caused by “unattended cooking.”
According to the department, the fire started on Sherwood Drive in North Danville on Feb. 20 around 4:12 p.m.
Fire crews found light smoke spewing from the front door when they arrived at the scene, according to a statement from the department.
The fire resulted in moderate damage to the kitchen. Residents of the home will stay with family members until repairs are made, the department said.
“Danville Police Department, Danville Life Saving Crew, Danville Water /Gas Department, and Danville Electric Department assisted on the scene,” according to the department.
- ‘Flushable’ wipes clog up Christiansburg sewer system
- WATCH LIVE: Gov. Ralph Northam’s coronavirus update at 2 p.m.
- High fire danger today and tonight, rain slated for Tuesday
- Fiber optic installation to temporarily close lane in Lynchburg
- Temporary lane closures in northeast Roanoke due to paving operations