DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) — The Danville Fire Department responded to a fire Thursday afternoon believed to have been caused by “unattended cooking.”
According to the department, the fire started on Sherwood Drive in North Danville on Feb. 20 around 4:12 p.m.
Fire crews found light smoke spewing from the front door when they arrived at the scene, according to a statement from the department.
The fire resulted in moderate damage to the kitchen. Residents of the home will stay with family members until repairs are made, the department said.
“Danville Police Department, Danville Life Saving Crew, Danville Water /Gas Department, and Danville Electric Department assisted on the scene,” according to the department.
- Sovah Health reports decrease in patients with COVID-19, encourages public to stay vigilant
- Multiple groups launch initiatives to slow down drivers in Virginia, Maryland
- Video shows UPS driver brought to tears when entire town surprises him with thank you party
- Virginia Department of Education receives grant to study the impact of the pandemic on public schools
- Maryland man dies in single-vehicle crash in Bedford County