Fire in North Danville caused by “unattended cooking,” fire dept. says

Local News

(Photo: Courtesy MGN)

DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) — The Danville Fire Department responded to a fire Thursday afternoon believed to have been caused by “unattended cooking.”

According to the department, the fire started on Sherwood Drive in North Danville on Feb. 20 around 4:12 p.m.

Fire crews found light smoke spewing from the front door when they arrived at the scene, according to a statement from the department.

The fire resulted in moderate damage to the kitchen. Residents of the home will stay with family members until repairs are made, the department said.

“Danville Police Department, Danville Life Saving Crew, Danville Water /Gas Department, and Danville Electric Department assisted on the scene,” according to the department.

LATEST STORIES:

Get breaking news, weather, and sports delivered to your smartphone with the WFXR News app available on Apple and Android.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

News tips

Do you have a news tip or breaking news to share with WFXR?  Submit your tip here.

Latest News

More News

News Tip Form