HENRY COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — A female inmate died at Martinsville City Jail Tuesday morning.
Martinsville Sheriff’s Office’s Chief Deputy Major Laura Hopkins said Virginia State Police are investigating the death.
WFXR reached out to Virginia State Police for information on the cause of death and the identity of the woman, but they were not available for comment.
- Crews on scene of house fire in Roanoke
- Dialogue on race held in Christiansburg
- Woldetensae, Virginia edge Wake Forest 65-63 in OT
- Fans, celebrities react to death of retired NBA legend Kobe Bryant after crash
- Southwest Virginia reacts to passing of NBA legend Kobe Bryant