HENRY COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — A female inmate died at Martinsville City Jail Tuesday morning.
Martinsville Sheriff’s Office’s Chief Deputy Major Laura Hopkins said Virginia State Police are investigating the death.
WFXR reached out to Virginia State Police for information on the cause of death and the identity of the woman, but they were not available for comment.
- Pinpoint Weather: Heat and humidity return today, storms possible this afternoon.
- Downtown Roanoke restaurants make changes as Phase 2 of reopening starts
- Salem prepares to hold USA Softball Championships in August
- Virginia lawmakers planning police reform legislation
- Mill Mountain Zoo announces reopening set for this month