ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — A person is dead after a fire Thursday at a home in the 2300 block of Massachusetts Avenue in northwest Roanoke.
The fire was reported at 8:01 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 13. Upon arrival, the fire was out but Roanoke City firefighters saw smoke and heat damage on the second story of the home. It was there where firefighters found a dead resident.
The cause of the fire is under investigation. The name of the victim has not been released at the request of the family.
- One person hurt after shooting in Lynchburg
- Police investigate fatal motorcycle crash in Henry County
- Henry County Sheriff’s Office investigating Saturday night shooting
- Amherst County Schools confirms COVID-positive case at Amherst County High School
- Hidden Valley Country Club raises over $15K for Carilion Children’s Hospital in weekend tournament