RIDGEWAY, Va. (WFXR) –The family of the Horsepasture Fire Chief and his wife who passed away last week released a statement giving thanks for the community support.
Sherri G. and Charles H. Bradshaw died from a vehicle accident on Dec. 12, according to a statement by Michael Bradshaw, Vice President of Triangle Electric Corporation.
Charles H. Bradshaw served as president of the corporation.
“The past few days haven’t been easy on our family or our families at Triangle Electric Corporation as well as the volunteers at Horsepasture Fire Department and Rescue Squad,” Michael Bradshaw states.
Michael Bradshaw will fulfill the position of president, according to the statement.
Charles began volunteering in emergency services when he was 16 and served as the Chief of Horsepasture Volunteer Fire Department since 2007.
In the 80s, he was employed at the Fieldale Police Department. He was very active in the community including at Horsepasture Christan Church, Ruitan, and various community boards.
Sherri recently retired from her career as a medical assistant.
Bradshaw said the following weeks and months will be hard on the family.
“We must pick up the pieces and continue forward honoring our family, fulfilling their legacy and continue to make them proud,” Bradshaw said.
- Lynchburg structure fire shuts down Boonsboro Road
- Wednesday morning crash closes down Wirtz Road in Franklin County
- New, more contagious strain of coronavirus fuels spike in Southern California cases
- Stripped of committee post after letter to Pence, Virginia GOP delegate says he’s mulling legal action
- ‘It’s been humbling’; Virginia National Guard members share experiences ahead of Inauguration Day