LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) — A new clothing and home decor store opened its doors Tuesday in Lynchburg.
Philanthropy is a faith-based realtor, committed to donating 10 percent of profits from its location in River Ridge Mall to local charities and nonprofits.
WFXR News spoke with the store’s owner, who says she’s grateful to have been able to open a new store at a time when the pandemic is forcing so many to close.
“We feel completely and totally blessed,” said owner Christina Martin, “where people are unfortunately closing at this time, to have this opportunity to continue to show that there’s hope, that this is temporary, that we’re an amazing country.”
River Ridge Mall General Manager Louise Dudley says that, despite the pandemic, the mall has stayed at a high occupancy rate. She says about 90 percent of their stores have reopened since the pandemic.
- AMBER ALERT issued for missing Charlottesville child
- Police search for man who robbed Boonsboro Dollar General
- Some Franklin County students set to return to classrooms starting next week
- Roanoke City, Alleghany Health Districts say COVID-19 vaccine supply is running too low to serve all who qualify to receive vaccine
- President Trump’s final hours in office expected to be non-traditional