LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) — A new clothing and home decor store opened its doors Tuesday in Lynchburg.
Philanthropy is a faith-based realtor, committed to donating 10 percent of profits from its location in River Ridge Mall to local charities and nonprofits.
WFXR News spoke with the store’s owner, who says she’s grateful to have been able to open a new store at a time when the pandemic is forcing so many to close.
“We feel completely and totally blessed,” said owner Christina Martin, “where people are unfortunately closing at this time, to have this opportunity to continue to show that there’s hope, that this is temporary, that we’re an amazing country.”
River Ridge Mall General Manager Louise Dudley says that, despite the pandemic, the mall has stayed at a high occupancy rate. She says about 90 percent of their stores have reopened since the pandemic.
- Emergency SNAP benefits promised in Virginia for mid-August
- Live video: President Trump visits the Whirlpool plant in Clyde
- Pinpoint Weather: Strong to severe storms expected with gusty winds and heavy rain into the night
- Liberty keeps three ACC matchups in 2020 football schedule
- Young boy becomes state trooper for a day with help from Rocky Mount law enforcement, K9