FRANKLIN COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) – The bridge over the Pigg River on Colonial Turnpike in the Glade Hill section of Franklin County will be closed for an extended period of time, resulting in detours being set in place.
Construction crews will be working on the bridge for over a year.
The Franklin County Sheriff’s Office says the closure is expected to last until November of 2021.
- VDH: 818 new COVID-19 cases reported while total deaths climb to 2,299 as of Thursday
- 2 Florida men arrested after dolphin calf, fish found dead
- Salango, Petsonk endorsed by United Mine Workers of America in West Virginia governor, attorney general races
- Danville drivers asked to avoid section of Piney Forest Road after crash
- 1.2 million seek jobless aid after $600 federal check ends