BEDFORD, Va. (WFXR) — A familiar building in Bedford has reopened its doors, but it’s under a new name. The old Vista Foods off Washington Street is now the newest location for Elba Butcher Shoppe.
The store opened in Bedford for the first time Saturday morning, offering customers another place to get fresh produce and meats.
Store owners Wendell and Stephanie Dawson said opening this store was an uphill battle with the COVID-19 pandemic, but the outpouring of support from the county and community finally made this project a reality.
“We’ve had a lot of help from family, friends, and, of course, Bedford County Economic Development. They’ve been excellent to work for,” Wendall said. “Until we got everything, it was hard to say because we had a few delays, of course, with everything going on now, but it all worked out.”
Both Dawsons say they’re excited to serve the Bedford community.
The store’s other locations are in Gretna and Alta Vista.
- Lighthearted footage from Danville Fire Department is ‘bearly’ cute
- World TeamTennis safety measures amid COVID-19
- Local magician appears on Penn & Teller’s ‘Fool Us’, wins competition
- Trump commutes longtime friend Roger Stone’s sentence
- National security leaders say China is trying to hack U.S. healthcare companies to find COVID-19 vaccine