(WFXR) — The Virginia Department of Transportation is reporting road closures around southwest Virginia due to downed trees and other weather issues amid Tuesday morning’s heavy rain showers.
Here is a list of the current weather-related road closures from VDOT:
- All westbound and eastbound lanes are closed at mile marker 2 of Route 823, which is near Hendricks Store Road and Route 655.
- All northbound and southbound lanes are closed at mile marker 5 of Route 655 in Botetourt County, which is near Old Fincastle Road.
- All northbound and southbound lanes are closed at mile marker 12 of Route 615 in Botetourt County, which is near Roaring Run Road and Route 621.
- Lanes are closed on State Route 43 North near Leesville Road in Campbell County due to a downed tree.
- All northbound and southbound lanes are closed at mile marker 1 of Route 831 in Franklin County, which is near Dudley Road and Route 877.
- All eastbound and westbound lanes are closed at mile marker 0 of Route 614 in Henry County, which is near which is near A L Philpott Highway and U.S. Route 58.
- Henry County declares local state of emergency due to flooding
- Franklin County woman rescued after being trapped in her home from flooding
- Portions of Route 8 closed due to flooding in Montgomery County
- Central Virginia Forecast
- Roanoke Valley Forecast