CAMPBELL COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — A possible distracted driver crashed into a mail carrier truck in Campbell County on Thursday afternoon, Virginia State Police tell WFXRtv.com.
According to Virginia State Trooper Justin Harris, the driver of a 2007 Nissan Versa was driving east on Timberlake Road near Greenwell Court, swerved off the right side of the road, and overcorrected before rear-ending a parked mail carrier truck.
The impact of the crash caused the truck to turnover into a ditch.
The Nissan driver, Carol Anne Rosser, 69, may have been distracted with her radio at the time of the crash, Harris said. Rosser was charged with failure to maintain control of the vehicle.
The mail carrier, Charles Tyree, Jr. was completing service at a mailbox and was in the vehicle at the time of the crash.
Tyree was transported for his injuries, including minor scratch on his head and possible rib bruising, Harris said. The trooper believes Tyree has been released from the hospital.
Rosser received minor cuts and scapes in the crash.
The driver and the mail carrier were wearing seatbelts at the time of the crash.
A restaurant near where the accident occurred captured footage from the surveillance camera, which the trooper has used in his investigation of the crash.
“Based off the video itself, it looked alot worse than what I arrived,” Harris said.
- Scott, Graham meet with SCOTUS nominee on Capitol Hill
- Fact check: A look at claims from Trump and Biden’s first debate
- UPDATE: Crash cleared on Route 29 south in Campbell County
- ‘Would you shut up, man?’: Trump, Biden interrupt each other during chaotic debate
- State Police investigate fatal tractor-trailer crash in Wythe County near the I-81/I-77 split