ROSELAND, Va. (WFXR) – With Memorial Day weekend upon us, more and more folks are wanting to get outside to enjoy the warmer weather, an interesting partnership has unfolded between Devils Backbone Brewery and the Melanoma Research Foundation (MRF).
Devils Backbone is the National Beverage Partner of the MRF and the partnership will help to support the message of sun safety – especially with May being Melanoma Awareness Month.
Earlier this month, the MRF hosted its Miles for Melanoma race, done virtually this year, and Devils Backbone committed to matching $1 per mile until the organization reached their goal of 3,000 miles – which was a success.
This partnership will continue throughout the summer months.
The Devils Backbone product, Loved by the Sun, is a low-calorie peach mango wheat beer distributed in a UV-activated color-changing can, so as folks are outside and enjoying a cold beer as the warmer weather warms up, the sun’s UV rays will strike the can which causes the colors of the can to change, reminding consumers to re-apply their sunscreen.
“These days, it’s especially exciting to get outside and enjoy the sunshine while maintaining social distancing. We put Loved by the Sun in a can that changes color in the sunlight to remind beer drinkers of the importance of nature and the power of the sun. The MRF is also all about reminding people of the power of those UV rays, so partnering with them made a ton of sense. They are doing great work to help ensure everyone can enjoy the sunshine year-round.”Hayes Humphreys, Chief Operating Officer at Devils Backbone
- Hokies All Access : Wake Forest recap and Louisville preview with Jon Laaser and Mike Burnop, Steve Hale profile
- Craig County Fairgrounds to host COVID-19 drive-thru testing event
- Legal challenge filed against Mountain Valley Pipeline
- Second stimulus checks: What’s the status of $1,200 payments?
- 7-year-old Jeopardy! superfan gets sweet message from Alex Trebek after dressing up as ‘mini-Trebek’ for Halloween