HENRY COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — The woman who died in Martinsville City Jail on Tuesday, Jan. 14 has been identified as Julie Davis, 54, of Martinsville.
Virginia State Police said the cause of her death remains under investigation.
The Medical Examiner said test results may be available in eight to 12 weeks.
WFXR found that Davis was facing multiple charges in Martinsville District Court for disturbing the peace and intoxication. Those allegations happened Jan. 9 and ll.
- How does an officer use a gun instead of a Taser?
- Pinpoint Weather: Partly sunny and warm with a few showers possible
- Liberty University’s Equity for Africa Summit kicks off Tuesday
- Former Chiefs coach Britt Reid charged with DWI in crash that injured 5-year-old girl
- Police: Student fired at officers at Tennessee school, was killed