HENRY COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — A death investigation is underway after authorities found a person dead in a van behind The Scrub Board Laundry in Martinsville Saturday evening.
The Henry County Sheriff’s Office says a phone call came in to the Martinsville-Henry 911 Center at approximately 5:28 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 1, about a person slumped over in a vehicle behind The Scrub Board Laundry at 2038 Rives Road in Martinsville.
When deputies arrived on scene, authorities say they found a dead person inside a 1999 Honda Odyssey van, after which Henry County investigators processed the van and searched the immediate area.
The body has been transported to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner for the Western District of Virginia to determine identity and cause of death, according to the sheriff’s office.
If you have any information about this death investigation, call the Henry County Sheriff’s Office at (276) 638-8751.
- Pinpoint Weather: Warming up over the weekend
- Liberty Flames hold first practice of the season
- 17 vehicles stolen from Michigan dealership 1 day before opening
- Extra safety precautions to be in place ahead of students’ arrival at North Cross School in Roanoke
- Shriners cancel Clifton Forge Fall Festival due to COVID-19