BLAND COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — A man’s body was found in a roadside ditch in Bland County Saturday afternoon. A death investigation is now underway by the Virginia State Police Bureau of Criminal Investigation’s Wytheville Field Office.
According to police, state troopers were notified at 12:25 p.m. on Saturday, May 23 that a body was discovered in a ditch along Wilderness Road, east of I-77.
Virginia State Police say they are still processing the scene and working to determine the nature and circumstances surrounding the man’s death. The body will be transported to the Office of the Medical Examiner in Roanoke for autopsy, examination, and positive identification, police say.
If you have any information about this incident, contact the Virginia State Police Wytheville Division at (276) 228-3131 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Workers strike at Volvo’s Pulaski County plant
- VDH: 1,608 new COVID-19 cases; 15 new hospitalizations in Virginia as of Saturday
- Va. reports 1,063 adverse reactions with over 5 million COVID vaccines administered
- Prince Philip’s funeral live updates: William, Harry stand apart
- Pinpoint Weather: Seasonably cool temperatures, slight shower chances this weekend