DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) – On Thursday morning, the Danville Police Department collaborated with the Danville-Pittsylvania Community Services for the first day of the Community Opioid Response and Engagement (CORE) Program.
The Danville Police Department used information gathered from new reporting initiatives that began in Jan. 2020 to offer interdiction services to individuals suffering from drug addiction in the community.
CORE brings together law enforcement with trained medical health personnel and peer councelors.
Teams went out to meet over 20 at-risk citizens and offered prepared information packets from the Regional Alliance on Substance Abuse Prevention (RASAP) which contained information on substance abuse recovery services. The teams also offered instant counseling for receptive individuals.
If anyone is in need of information regarding treatment or counseling is encouraged to call the Danville-Pittsylvania County Community Services at (434) 793-0492.
Victims of addiction are also encouraged to seek help from any Danville police officer any time they feel they need help.
- Pinpoint Weather: One more decent day Sunday before rain, colder weather moves in
- Virginia Tech upsets No. 3 Villanova 81-73 in overtime
- 15th Annual Gingerbread Festival: Gingerbread house competition
- Liberty knocks off another SEC opponent in Gamecocks 78-62
- ‘Small Business Saturday is important to us,’ Local businesses share why shopping local is critical amid COVID-19