DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) — Danville Police have arrested a 17-year-old for a homicide that occurred in 2016.
According to police, Jonathan McDonald Hamlett, 41, of Danville, was shot on October 5, 2016 on Chatelaine Avenue. Later that evening, medical personnel at Danville Regional Medical Center pronounced him dead.
On Tuesday, police arrested the 17-year-old without incident at a house in Danville. The juvenile is charged with first-degree murder and related firearms charges.
The juvenile is currently held at the W.W. Moore, Jr. Juvenile Detention Home awaiting trial.
- ‘She is the female Scalia’: Lawmakers react to President Trump picking Amy Coney Barrett to replace RBG
- Virginia Tech enters season opener with limited roster and staff
- Virginia beats Duke 38-20 in season opener
- LISTEN: NC State @ Virginia Tech Facebook livestream
- Greater Lynchburg Transit Company to begin offering Sunday bus service