DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) – In August, a Danville grand jury indicted two men on first-degree murder charges as well as robbery and other related firearms charges for the shooting of Caleb Morris in 2019.
According to Danville Police, Guren L. Clemons, 25, from Danville is currently being held at the Danville City Jail without bond after being transported from Charlotte County on unrelated charges when law enforcement served Clemons with these indictments.
Domonic D. Fitzgerald, 29, from Danville is also facing the same charges but remains at large.
Back in May of 2019, police responded to a call of a person being shot in the 1000 block of Lanier Avenue in Danville.
When police arrived, they found Morris inside suffering from a gunshot wound.
Morris, 25 from Danville, was pronounced dead on the scene.
If you have any information on this case or the whereabouts of Domonic Fitzgerald, contact Danville Police at (434) 793-0000.
- Pinpoint Weather: More rain on the way Friday into Saturday, heavy at times
- Beloved Virginia Tech therapy dog Moose dies after spending months battling prostate cancer
- Border cities report 74 new COVID-19 fatalities
- Supreme Court hears case concerning convictions under ‘racist and discriminatory’ jury laws
- Sailor receives Navy’s highest noncombat honor after life-saving tackle