DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) – A Danville man is in custody and faces charges stemming from the murder of Melvin Smith.
Police say Ladarius Tomas, 29 is currently being held at the Danville City Jail for an unrelated outstanding probation violation, but also faces one count of second-degree murder for the incident with Smith’s death on March 4.
On that date, police responded to a call for shots fired in the 300 block of Summit Road where they found 40-year-old Melvin Smith dead in his front yard from an apparent gunshot wound.
The incident remains under investigation.
- Blacksburg Police seek help identifying people wanted in credit card fraud investigation
- Carilion Clinic to conduct Covid-19 Seroprevalence study for Southwest Virginia
- Amplified Immunity during the pandemic with Nature’s Outlet
- The Keep Giving Coat Drive hosted by the Humble Hustle Company
- Questions and problems surrounding working from home with Cortex Leadership Consulting