DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) – A Danville man is in custody and faces charges stemming from the murder of Melvin Smith.
Police say Ladarius Tomas, 29 is currently being held at the Danville City Jail for an unrelated outstanding probation violation, but also faces one count of second-degree murder for the incident with Smith’s death on March 4.
On that date, police responded to a call for shots fired in the 300 block of Summit Road where they found 40-year-old Melvin Smith dead in his front yard from an apparent gunshot wound.
The incident remains under investigation.
- Becca Burns beats cancer twice and writes a book on the subject
- Blacksburg native Lanto Griffin wants to give back
- High School Fall Sports in Virginia are in limbo
- Former JMU Head Baseball Coach Brad Babcock passed away
- Derecho hits Philadelphia