WARNING: This story contains images which may be disturbing for some readers.
DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) — The Danville Area Humane Society says that the cat discovered with an arrow in the side on Thursday is on the right path to recovery.
As seen in WFXR’s previous coverage, the injured cat was found on Thursday morning in the parking lot of A.S Pugh Roofing Company on North Main Street by one of the company’s employees.
According to the Danville Police Department, the arrow entered near the cat’s right shoulder and partially exited the area around the cat’s left shoulder.
The Danville Area Humane Society made arrangements for the cat to undergo surgery at the Animal Medical Center and offered a $1,000 reward for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person(s) responsible for the cat’s injuries.
The Danville Area Humane Society’s Executive Director Paulette Dean says that the cat is not eating much and still seems timid, but the wound looks fine and she seems to be on the right track for healing.
The cat will stay in the hospital through the weekend. Once the cat is released, she will be available for adoption at the Danville Area Humane Society.
Maj. Tim Jones of the Danville Police Department says that the investigation is still ongoing, but they are working to determine whether this was a malicious act or an accident.
If you have information about this incident, please call the Danville Humane Society at (434) 799-0843 or the Danville Police Department at (434) 799-5111.
- Roanoke Police investigate crash involving two police cruisers
- U.S. Naval Air Forces say aircrew did not survive plane crash in Magnolia Springs
- Amarah Lane’s memory honored with diaper bag giveaway; family files lawsuit against Lynchburg Social Services
- Despite Democratic roadblocks, Senate moves forward with Trump’s Supreme Court nomination
- Washington Huddle week 7 preview with Bruce Rader and Scott Jackson