DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) — Danville will host a meet-and-greet on Wednesday to introduce the company developing the master plan of the Schoolfield area.
The Industrial Development Authority of Danville and the Danville Office of Economic Development have hired WRT LLC, a Philadelphia-based firm to guide the city in “how to best transform this former industrial site into a new mixed-use campus,” according to a statement from the city.
The planning process begins this week and include evaluation of the site and stakeholder interviews, a statement from the city said. The planning process will take 13 months to complete, it added.
The meet-and-greet will be held Thursday, Feb. 19, from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the Welfare Building, located at 917 W. Main St.
- Google says it will eliminate location history entries if it identifies abortion center, medical facility visits
- Ex-FBI agent on Armstrong: Anyone who helped is ‘on the hook’
- What does it mean to be ‘California sober’ – and does it actually work?
- Woman dead after car crash in Botetourt Co.
- Pinpoint Weather: Slow-moving storm threat Saturday