DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) — Danville will host a meet-and-greet on Wednesday to introduce the company developing the master plan of the Schoolfield area.
The Industrial Development Authority of Danville and the Danville Office of Economic Development have hired WRT LLC, a Philadelphia-based firm to guide the city in “how to best transform this former industrial site into a new mixed-use campus,” according to a statement from the city.
The planning process begins this week and include evaluation of the site and stakeholder interviews, a statement from the city said. The planning process will take 13 months to complete, it added.
The meet-and-greet will be held Thursday, Feb. 19, from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the Welfare Building, located at 917 W. Main St.
- States volunteer to host RNC as Trump considers moving it from North Carolina
- How lawmakers respond to nursing homes being at the epicenter of coronavirus pandemic
- Richmond International Airport has 96% drop in passenger traffic in April
- NHL Commissioner: Regular season over, 24-team playoff in 2 cities
- House seeks answers on PPE shortages at the beginning of coronavirus pandemic