UPDATE 10:52 A.M.: The Fire Marshal’s Office says arson is the cause of the morning fire on Main Street in Danville.
According to the Danville Fire Department, crews arrived at 7:21 a.m., March 9, on the 1400 block of North Main Street and controlled the fire in 15 minutes.
The front rooms and attic were badly damaged, and the rest of the home received smoke and heat damage, the fire dept. said.
The resident of the one-story house exited the home when the fire broke out and was not injured. The Red Cross is assisting the resident, according to the fire dept.
The department said this fire appears to be an isolated incident.
DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) – Firefighters are on scene of an early morning house fire in Danville.
The fire is in the 1400 block of North Main Street. Heavy fire is showing.
North Main Street is closed from Bradley Road to New Street.
This is a developing story. Stay with WFXR for more updates.
- Police: Officer, suspect shot in Charleston, West Virginia
- Lawmakers unveil $908 billion bipartisan stimulus proposal
- COVID-19 hospitalizations in US soar to new daily record
- CDC to shorten recommended COVID-19 quarantine days
- Twitter data indicates Virginians are hesitant to take COVID-19 vaccine when it becomes available