UPDATE 11:49 a.m.: After closing down a section of Piney Forest Road Thursday morning following a crash, the Danville Police Department announced that crash resulted in the death of a local woman and seriously injured another driver.
The department says 65-year-old Wilda S. Clear was pulling a white 2001 Honda Civic from Ash Street into the southbound lanes of Piney Forest Road around 7:35 a.m. on Thursday, Aug. 6. However, a 2017 silver Honda Accord heading southbound on Piney Forest Road hit the Civic on the driver’s side.
According to police, the Danville Lifesaving Crew brought Clear to the hospital, where she later died. Meanwhile, the driver of the Accord was transported to the hospital with serious injuries, but there were no other occupants in either vehicle, the department says.
Crews reduced both lanes of travel to one lane for several hours after the crash, the cause of which is still under investigation, authorities say.
If you have any information about this crash, call the Danville Police Department at (434) 793-0000.
DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) — Danville police officers ask drivers to avoid a section of Piney Forest Road Thursday morning due to a vehicle crash.
According to the Danville Police Department, the vehicle crash has blocked traffic in the 1000 block of Piney Forest Road in front of Biscuitville.
Motorists are asked to seek an alternate route.
- One person hurt after shooting in Lynchburg
- Police investigate fatal motorcycle crash in Henry County
- Henry County Sheriff’s Office investigating Saturday night shooting
- Amherst County Schools confirms COVID-positive case at Amherst County High School
- Hidden Valley Country Club raises over $15K for Carilion Children’s Hospital in weekend tournament