UPDATE (3:51 p.m.): According to the Danville Fire Department, nobody was home during the time of the fire, but the entire house did sustain extensive damage from smoke and heat.
Danville Fire Captain Randall Barrett says that the fire department received a call at 10:36 a.m. about a potential structure fire at 209 Scales Street.
The initial response team included three engines, two support vehicles, one ladder and 16 personnel. Crews quickly controlled the heavy flames in the living room and hallway while others searched the rest of the house for fire involvement.
According to Barrett, personnel remained on scene for almost four hours. Fortunately, nobody was injured and the local Red Cross is taking care of the house’s three residents.
DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) — Danville Fire Department battled a fire at a two-story house on Scales Street early Sunday morning.
According to a tweet from the Danville Fire Department, the house in the 200 block of Scales Street was showing heavy smoke. Multiple crews responded.
Danville Fire Department says the fire was under control as of 11:47 a.m. There is no word regarding any injuries or the extent of the structural damage.
- Abilene parents arrested after 10-year-old tests positive for meth
- Live updates: George Floyd protests continue nationwide
- George W. Bush issues statement on ‘brutal suffocation’ of George Floyd: ‘It is time for us to listen’
- Protestors call on Stoney for answers after being tear-gassed Monday: ‘Where were you’
- Lawmakers divided on president’s comments on protesters