DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) — A small fire at a Danville hotel caused damage to a second floor room this morning.
The fire was reported just before 7 a.m. at the Astoria Hotel North, located at 1030 Piney Forest Road.
When fire crews arrived on scene, they found light smoke coming from room 25 on the second floor, where a couch was on fire. The fire was put out within nine minutes of firefighters arriving on scene.
No one was injured. The room has “moderate smoke and heat damage,” the Danville Fire Department reported.
It added that discarded smoking materials started the fire.
- Police investigating after $250K worth of hemp stolen from TruHarvest Farms
- DMV offers additional service options as COVID-19 pandemic continues
- Callaghan Elementary School in Alleghany County sees 20% COVID-19 staff exposure rate, transitions to all-virtual instruction
- Harrisburg woman accused of stealing Pelosi’s laptop to appear in court Tuesday
- Car crashes into Westlake Subway