ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Fire officials did not report any injuries following a Tuesday night structure fire in southwest Roanoke.
Roanoke Fire-EMS says crews got the call of a fire in the 600 block of 22nd Street SW in Roanoke at approximately 10:45 p.m. on Tuesday, July 7.
When first responders arrived, they say they found heavy smoke and flames coming from an abandoned commercial structure.
The cause of this fire is under investigation.
- Investigation into Colorado police officers underway after Black family wrongly detained
- UPDATE: Police say speed factored into fatal Saturday crash between motorcycle, vehicle in Roanoke County
- Police: One driver dead following crash between vehicle, bus in Lynchburg on Aug. 1
- 5.1 earthquake occurred near Sparta, NC; several report feeling quake in Southwest and Central Virginia
- VDH: Virginia’s total COVID-19 count surpasses 100,000 cases, reaches 2,326 deaths as of Sunday