UPDATE 8:16 a.m.: VDOT has reopened all northbound lanes on I-81 at mile marker 105.1 following Tuesday morning’s vehicle crash.
However, according to VDOT, traffic on I-81 North is still backed up approximately two miles from the crash site.
MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) says northbound motorists can expect delays right on the border of Montgomery County and Pulaski County due to a crash on I-81.
According to VDOT crews closed the northbound left lane and left shoulder at mile marker 105.1 on I-81 in Montgomery County following a vehicle crash.
VDOT says Montgomery County motorists are backed up for two miles on I-81 North.
- Investigation into Colorado police officers underway after Black family wrongly detained
- UPDATE: Police say speed factored into fatal Saturday crash between motorcycle, vehicle in Roanoke County
- Police: One driver dead following crash between vehicle, bus in Lynchburg on Aug. 1
- 5.1 earthquake occurred near Sparta, NC; several report feeling quake in Southwest and Central Virginia
- VDH: Virginia’s total COVID-19 count surpasses 100,000 cases, reaches 2,326 deaths as of Sunday