ROANOKE COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) – A two-vehicle crash late Tuesday afternoon resulted in significant issues for power customers in the Garst Mill area of Roanoke County.
The crash occurred at 5:44 p.m. at the intersection of Garst Mill Road and Pinevale Road.
Roanoke County Police say that a pickup truck had crashed into a telephone pole which caused the pole to snap in two and come to rest on the bed of the truck.
After investigating, it was determined that the driver of another vehicle failed to yield the right of way which caused the crash.
Weather was also determined to be a factor in the crash.
No injuries were reported in the crash; however power was lost for residents in the area.
Power has since been restored.
- Protesters gather in Lynchburg for the fourth day in a row
- Lawmaker: Pandemic is impacting Americans’ state of mind
- #BlackoutTuesday flooding social media in response to racism, police brutality in America
- Dem lawmakers ‘horrified’ over Trump’s Bible photo op
- Serving those who serve: Local lawmaker, business donate lunches to first responders