ROANOKE COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) – A two-vehicle crash late Tuesday afternoon resulted in significant issues for power customers in the Garst Mill area of Roanoke County.
The crash occurred at 5:44 p.m. at the intersection of Garst Mill Road and Pinevale Road.
Roanoke County Police say that a pickup truck had crashed into a telephone pole which caused the pole to snap in two and come to rest on the bed of the truck.
After investigating, it was determined that the driver of another vehicle failed to yield the right of way which caused the crash.
Weather was also determined to be a factor in the crash.
No injuries were reported in the crash; however power was lost for residents in the area.
Power has since been restored.
- Not married to debt: Tiny Chapel Weddings offers a cheaper ceremony alternative with the same ‘I Do’
- Watch: Ellen DeGeneres makes on-air apology, vows a ‘new chapter’
- The Smithsonian will reopen two more museums Friday, September 25
- Group issues Halloween 2020 guidelines, color-coded coronavirus risk map
- West Coast wildfire smoke has crossed the Atlantic, now reaches Finland