ALLEGHANY COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — A man died Tuesday evening after his vehicle crashed on I-64 in Alleghany County.
At 6:36 p.m. on August 4, Virginia State Police responded to a single-vehicle crash on westbound I-64 at the exit 16B off ramp.
A pickup truck was on the off ramp. The pickup truck then ran off the left side of the road, struck a guardrail, overturned and struck the embankment.
The driver, William J. Groves, 40, of Covington, was transported to LewisGale Hospital Alleghany, where he later died due to his injuries. He was not wearing a seatbelt.
The crash remains under investigation.
- Danville restaurant owner pleads guilty to fraud charges
- What happens when a state Senator is censured?
- Hobby Lobby to end 40% off coupon at the end of February
- Federal government unseals secret coronavirus reports, see your state’s data
- General Assembly discusses requiring background check for anyone wanting to rent gun at shooting ranges